Thursday 29 April 2010

GDC !

GDC!


Game developers conference, well it’s been an informative one this year!
I will be talking about what appealed to me from the conference, mostly about Sony’s latest “stunt” and the new technology that is out and about, for example the new awesome cry engine.


Let’s start off with Sony’s playstation “move” which is basically a rip off of Nintendo’s current Wii-remote, the move is impressive but for me it comes down to the fact that it is a rip off, or others might want to say and improvement, they definitely surpassed the Wii-remote and now everyone is jumping on the motion control band wagon, which is fair because that what’s hip and new with the kids and where the money is.








The CryEngine3 appears to be the best engine in the world to date!..Well, at least on paper, all of the technical jargon more or less means almost nothing to me, but in action it looks amazing, realistic light and all that jazz.




Seeing all of this new stuff and information has re-lit my fire, and reaffirmed my trust in the industry, just thinking that WHEN I graduate I WILL have all of this technology at my disposal, hard and fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment